Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Playing sax in a band – anyone interested in this?

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

JOHNNY: Thanks for filming some of you guys playing, that will be a great learning tool for sure 🙂 Where do you guys tour at, mostly Canada? Are you guys going to be doing any touring now in 2016 or is it too early to know?
      WAYNE: Speaking about drums, how’s it looking for you to do something with the backing track I e-mailed to you to drum with for a video collab? Thanks to Johnny’s awesome instruction, I have loads of licks/riffs I can use for that track. I was gonna have a go on it with my Alto..not too many people associate the Blues with the Alto, big mistake! We’ll be done with the arranging of the house now at the end of this month and I can pick back up on doing regular video uploads here to Johnny’s blog now in January…the Saxophone practice hasn’t stopped for me, thankfully. I would go crazy without regular practice! Let me know either yes or a no, hopefully it’s a yes! Having a drummer on there playing would be cool 🙂

wayne wojnarowski
      Participant

Mike yes I can play with you , I have actually recorded some drum tracks but man I ‘m having a impossible time trying to get them out technically, I’m hopefully meeting my nephew tomorrow for help! Mike did you ever hear EDDIE CLEANHEAD VINSON BIRD CANNON BALL SONNY
        STIT OR the great LOU DONALDSON. I wish I could just hold their saxophone cases!LOL! I need technical help

wayne wojnarowski
        Participant

Mike I have recorded various tracks on a site or program called Audacity I don’t know what you callit but I have been trying to get my drums out to no avail any suggestions?

wayne wojnarowski
          Participant

Hey Jazz cat I”M a old hippie, how free??

wayne wojnarowski
            Participant

What I meant to say was how about free/???

Michael Bishop
              Participant

Tell you what we can do, if you’re nephew don’t get with you tomorrow I make a quick video “how to” tutorial sometime this coming week for you and e-mail it to you. It’s pretty easy to do, no worries 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.