Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions PM66 or T-991?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’m looking for a good quality Tenor sax.

If you had to choose between a P.Mauriat PM66R or Yanagisawa T-991
      which would you choose and please tell me why.

Anonymous

Yana’s – apparently their better than yamaha in the pro range, don’t know much about the other one!

Try em all, is the best policy!

Anonymous

My problem has been solved, now I don’t have to decide between these two makes.

I’ve been offered a very new looking Yamaha YTS-62 at a good price.

I’m looking forward to checking it out tomorrow. Yippeee!

🙂

Anonymous

thats a good Pro Sax, i’m tempted to get one ASAP, or the model ex higher up!

Your playing should vastly improve with a modern pro model – some people on youtube say after 2 years of playing a non-pro sax wastes your time and holds you back from advancing any further, clarinets are the same after a few years you have to upgrade to a wooden one if you want to progress further through the grades, you just can’t do it with a student model

Anonymous

Hi James

The YTS-62 is in really good shape, so I’m going ahead and buying it.

The owner unknowingly left the ligature at the shop, so using electrical tape I taped the reed to the mouthpiece.
              Even so I was able to play through the whole Bb-F range and it sounded good to me.

I’m looking forward to playing with the correct setup, then I can really put it to the test.

My first impression is that the Alto reed is harder to play than the Tenor. I had one heck of a time getting a decent note out of my alto in the beginning but now my sound is improving all the time. I hope playing the alto and tenor together will accelerate the learning and skill development process?

Anonymous

good for you Jeffrey – i’m seriously looking at upgrading to the 62 or the one higher up the ex model,my local shop should give me something towards my sax to lower the cost. I need to try them though, i also want to try out the latest selmars and the mark vi they have in store, before i make up my mind.

but yep – good choice of instrument, should also have a good resale value, i’ve had no problems with my yamaha – well made etc.. only problem is the sticky pads but i guess everyone experiences that.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.