Skip to main content
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adrian Eßer
    Participant

I try too practice one ore two hours a day on m Sax.
      I´m not sure if do it right. I just start with some easy songs just for fun and than i go to the new songs i want to learn.
      But how do i practice more efficiently?

john
      Keymaster

You need a step by step guide, there are many available. I wrote one you can check out here:
        https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/how-to-play-saxophone

But you can start by learning and playing all the major scales, up and down for the full range of the horn. This done daily will quickly improve your technique and your tone. if you do the breathing right!

Johnny

Tim56
        Participant

Adrian: First of all, I have taken lessons from Johnny. I recommend this to all on this site! Johnny knows what I do every day I play. Long tones first. I use the fingering chart that came with my first learning book. Top to bottom High F to low Bb/A#. Scales, tounged and slured. Use Johnnys lessons on the site. Buy booth of his books. I did not learn with his book. I started 4.5 years ago. Get music books books you like. Listen to the tunes you like. Can’t say enough about this. Very important. There are many books in music stores that will work. Do take lessons from Johnny! He will listen to you and help you with all you want to know. Learn all the scales, upside down/backwards, over and over again. Breathing, bring you diaphragm up to you lower rib cage. Do take brakes while practicing. Your mouth should start to hurt.Rest and go at it again. No Carnegie Hall if you don’t do it! Tim

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.