Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Products and Reviews on yourhomerecordingstudio.com

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hi Johnny,
      I’ve been starting to go over the info. on yourhomerecordingstuidio.com—there’s a lot to soak in LOL Do you market all of the products that I’m seeing on this website? Also, what are some of the differences between the Rode NT1-A and the Pro Tools Fast Track Home Recording Studio Set up? Are these complete Home Recording Studios (minus the MAC cpu.) that I can buy directly from you? I don’t want to set up a home recording studio with all of the most expensive stuff in the world, but I don’t want to go cheap either. I want to kind meet in the middle so to say and set up something that will last me for some time to come. I did get the link for the EQ reference Guide. The quality of your recordings for your 2 songs of “Swing that Thing” and “If that ain’t love” are amazing…don’t think the average person would believe you if you told them you recorded them at home! Many more questions to come.

john
      Keymaster

No I don’t market any products, it’s just an information and review site. I started this site before I started my saxophone site but I don’t devote as much time to it now because of this site. I’ve been into recording for a long time though and it’s a lot of fun… but can consume a lot of time too!
        Those 2 products you mentioned are a couple of the complete, ready to go set ups that are pretty inexpensive. You have to give this some thought. Logic and pro Tools are high end software recording programs that are used in the most professional studios, I’m not saying that you couldn’t go for them, it’s just that do you need them? I record lot and I barely scratch the surface of what they can do.
        You have another option of starting with Garageband. It’s a recording program by Apple and you can get it free I think for any Mac. Check it out on the Apple homepage.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Thanks much Johnny, I knew about Garageband but just haven’t gotten around to checking it out, I will definitely do so. Right now, I’m in the very early stages of doing my research of the how-to’s of recording my own music, looking at my options and there lies a small “problem”…….there’s just so, so many options! It looks like if someone doesn’t have the proper guidance and direction they could end of spending a lot of $ of things they don’t need and I want to totally avoid that; which is why I’m doing my research now so that, come May when we get into a new place and I set up a modest home recording studio, I’ll know exactly what to do. So many options to choose from, and I’m looking to pick the set-up that best fits my needs.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.