Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Question about “Just The Way You Are” Love Song

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hi Johnny,
      I just bought the WaterMelon Man and was getting ready to buy the love songs too; regarding “Just the Way You Are”, was the original song played on the Alto? Will that mean if I decide to play it on Alto there will be some Altissimo notes to deal with? For the time being, I could just play the same notes on the scale 1 Octave lower, correct?
      The sheet music for the Watermelon man looks to be great fun and is very easy to follow along with while I watch you play it–the Sax solo will take a little bit of work….but so has the solo for “Take Five” that I will be uploading to the blog sometime in the Spring LOL. For me, I found it a big help to work on these solos as a song WITHIN a song of sorts; breaking it down and working on it separately from the main melody and then putting it all together.

john
      Keymaster

The original solo was done on alto and so has no altissimo notes. There are a couple altissimo notes if done on tenor as I did.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Cool, I had that song going in my mind and knew I heard Altissimo notes somewhere, so it was the Tenor I was hearing them in (memory not always reliable LOL).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.