Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Question about Watermelon Man Sax solo, trilling notes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hi Johnny,
      Been working on the Watermelon man, my absolute favorite song of yours–it was Samba Pa Ti but when you released the Watermelon Man……that song took the cake.
      On page 2 of the sheet music-Tenor Sax–the measures show a whole note of a G/E and a half note A/F# with the “tr” above them to trill here. Are you trilling back-and-forth BETWEEN these notes of G/E & A/F#or can you can pick G or E and A or F# to trill as a single note by itself? When practicing this part of the solo (which is where I’m at in learning the song) seems like it sounds better to trill between these notes G/E v.s. trilling a G note all by itself.
      I’ll upload Mack the Knife to the blog when I replace the camera in a couple of weeks that went on the glitz, I’ve have finished learning it. Should be able to pay for the Altissimo course now in May. Thanks!

john
      Keymaster

you play the E and trill with G, and the other one you play F# and trill with the A.
        Those are minor 3rd trills, listen to how they sound, I use them a lot.
        BTW… you can’t trill a single note by itself… the very meaning of trill is to incorporate a 2nd note to the main note.
        The trill note is the 2nd note. Like in the music you play an E and trill using the G.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Thanks….watching you play the solo on video I can see what you’re doing and what you mean. Beautiful music by the Beatles on the Saxophone you’re releasing 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.