Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Question for forum members.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Mike Potter
    Participant

Any interest in doing a “tune of the month”, I’m thinking most of the forum members have purchased backing tracks here and we probably have many of the same songs, or we could use blues backing tracks available on YouTube?

Simon
      Participant

I like the idea. Each month we choose one song, then members do their best and record song, post it here and at the end of month we vote for best version ?

john
        Keymaster

Hey Mike, is that what you were getting at, the way Simon described it?

Mike Potter
          Participant

sorry for not getting back, been sick for the last week. Actually, I was thinking more of doing something just for fun/confidence building and getting feedback. I’m sure the experience level of folks on this forum varies significantly, making it a contest might narrow the participation factor down. Just my thoughts.

saxomonica
            Participant

Hey Mike, hope you’re ok mate and back running on all 8

my playing makes people run, like run for the hills, yet i’d like to do somethink anywayz

heya youse blokes check this horn out ‘eh – cheep cheep – interestin’ – has to be a scam?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tenor-Saxophone-YANAGISAWA-T-WO37-Bb-Lacquer-gold-sax-With-Case-free-shipping/362645384875?_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20131231084308%26meid%3Db41c5280713045518c8135c57a803a97%26pid%3D100010%26rk%3D3%26rkt%3D24%26sd%3D143248187665%26itm%3D362645384875&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109

john
              Keymaster

I thought those horns went for at least a few thousand bucks but I’m not a Yanagisawa guy so there may be something about the model numbers that is making it a cheapy…like T or the 37. Maybe look into hose a little closer. Hey, maybe the guy forgot a zero at the end of his price.

Mike Potter
                Participant

Thanks Saxomonica, feeling a bit better, pneumonia according to my doctor, I’m still trying to figure out how I came down with it, I thought it was just a bad chest cold. Playing long tones is a challenge…

LOL, I’m sure most of my neighbors hate me… especially since I’ve started practicing overtones/altissimo regularly! I’m sure your playing is fine!

So, let’s do this, see what happens! Maybe start with something like Tequila?

Yeah that’s a fake Yani, they pop up pretty regularly now, you can tell by the name being stenciled on the bell, real yani’s have the name and country engraved into the metal (same with the SN). Also this model (TW037) is solid sliver! New selling price is over $12K. Ebay is full of Chinese copies of JK’s, Yani’s, Yamahas even Cannonballs and Borganis are being copied. I Wonder if they’re any good!!

Stanislas Gaillard
                  Participant

I like the idea too.

I’ve just purchased “How To Play Killer Blues & Rockin’ Sax Solos” and that would give me a great pleasure to participate.

Hey Saxomonica, you get the gloves at this price…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.