Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Recording Setup Test

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

My daughter who is doing a music tech course (at A’level) wants to record the guitar,
      so had to get it all setup
      focusrite software that connects to logic pro
      Logic Pro software to record/playback
      Clarett 2Pre Audio interface (thunderbolt connector)
      input 1 line – akg cs1000s microphone (if she wants to sing)
      input 2 inst – electric guitar

a sample of the recording, me playing electric guitar and shouting into microphone
      haven’t played in years, and my hands got tired halfway through.
      For testing purposes, i wish the sax was as easy to setup and record.

hopefully now i can start using this setup with my sax

Anonymous

Sxpoet unplugged?
        The guitar sounds very clear and natural.
        It will be nice to hear your sax recorded in this recording environment.

Anonymous

This year my daughter came out top on her music tech exam for the whole school and got an award for it, now she’s doing it at A’level. So i’m getting occasional recording setup tips from her. Apparently i’ve got to buy an akg 4 hundred mike for recording my sax… instead of using the akg cs1000 (i’ll think about it).

All my other SoundCloud recording uploads where recorded using an Itouch (which is basically an iphone without the phone bit) with the garage band ap.

So there should be a vast difference in the recording quality with the audio interface recording.

The only other difference, being this was recorded in a different room, the same size as the other room, but with less furniture in the room and a bay window instead of a normal window, so a few different room characteristics.
          But i think its mainly down to a better recording setup.

i just need to get a couple of studio monitors and a more suitable mic and see how it goes. If i get time next week i’ll do test recording with the sax and see how the akg cs1000s copes. I’ve been told to stand a few feet away from it…

try and record a bit of blue moon without the music sheet

john
          Keymaster

So I assume you sang into the AKG? that;’s exactly how I record my sax.
            it’s very easy…. just do what you did there, you’ll need to back off a bit from the mic when playing your sax into it.

Anonymous

Thankyou Johnny! i wouldn’t call it singing, more like shouting as i can’t sing for tuppence, but i was surprised at how good the akg1000s was at picking up my voice. I’ll try out recording the sax next week and see how it plays back.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.