Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Red River Valley

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

My sound seems to be better so I recorded and made a Video with the music, “Red River Valley”

Louis
      Participant

Sounds good! Keep on getting it!

saxomonica
        Participant

Ooh to lovely @William
          Simply got great modulation and excellent clarity – and a you beaut raspy sound!! Are you using cane or synthetic?
          Agh, did i mention it exhibits common horse sense as well? lol “Common sense isn’t that common”.
          Nice vid and sweet editing. Good horses never lack saddles. Wild colts make the best mounts.
          Love that air, actually itz one of the first ones i ever learnt on button accordion some time ago, it works ok in G on the squeezebox as most people like to sing in that key, and apparently it was a very big hit many years ago on the charts.
          Great work mate, make my day. 🙂
          No day without a line. Says Albert Einstein, everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.

RockinRobin
          Participant

Thanks guys.My reeds are the carbon onyx reeds. Medium Soft. Mouthpiece isa metal Dave Guardala Fat Boy. Ribbon mic placed about four feet ahead and about two feet above the bell. And AEA Ribbon preamp. And that’s the way it was that day. Thanks again for stopping by.

saxomonica
            Participant

agh ha you certainly got some pro gear there @William and obviously Johnny’s miking up advice is paying dividends
              i gotta dave guardala clone mothpiece made in china size 7 to try out later but still on the plastic dummy
              its really amazing how flat i been playing now that i use a tuner lately, and am still adjusting top lip
              gotta tuffen up
              hey mate what kinda brand sax do you currently play? cheere ‘eh mark

RockinRobin
              Participant

Mark,
                I play a Selmer Paris super action Series II Ref. 54. I have a Yamaha chromatic tuner. I start off in Tune and somewhere along the way I usually drift off into my own never land. Cheers

saxomonica
                Participant

nice one @William, i oft like going to LaLa Land, that is where the sky is blue and there’s lotsa lemon drops and one can find many bright smiles 🙂

Says Selmer Paris site,

“SUPER ACTION 80 SERIES II

Foundation of the SELMER Paris range, this series is to date the most complete, offering the entire saxophone family (from the Sopranino saxophone in E flat, to the Bass saxophone in B flat) in a large array of finishes.
                  It has acquired a thoroughly well deserved and hard-earned reputation with musicians across the world : prestigious masters from the classical, jazz and pop worlds have brought it high acclaim over the years.
                  It knows an ever-renewed success thanks to the improvements regularly brought to
                  Reference 54”, more centered, readopts the design of the celebrated “Mark VI” dating back to 1954.
                  The alto Reference only exists in version 54.

Louis
                  Participant

You should share a pic of that beauty with us! A friend of mine had a Reference 54, that horn was flawless! He ended up selling it for a Mark VI, but if I had the money, I’d totally would have picked up the 54. Nice horn!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.