Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video RIP Clarence Clemons

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

From FaceBook
      ‘Daily Rock History’
      ~ a few days ago

‘Legendary saxophonist Clarence Clemons was born in Norfolk County, Virginia, on this day in in 1942 (January 11)
      The Big Man was was the saxophonist for The E Street Band from 1972 until his death in 2011.
      Clemons also released several solo albums.
      In 1985, he had a hit single with “You’re a Friend of Mine”, a duet with Jackson Browne.
      As a guest musician, he also featured on Aretha Franklin’s song “Freeway of Love”.
      As an actor, Clemons appeared in several films, including “New York, New York” and “Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure”. He also made cameo appearances in several TV series.
      Throughout the 1970s and 1980s, Clemons featured prominently on Springsteen’s albums. On “Born to Run” he provided memorable saxophone solos on the title track, “Thunder Road”, “She’s the One”, “Night” and “Jungleland”.
      “Darkness on the Edge of Town” featured notable solos by Clemons on “Badlands” and “The Promised Land”.
      “The River” saw Clemons featured on songs such as “The Ties That Bind”, “Sherry Darling”, “I Wanna Marry You”, “Drive All Night” and “Independence Day”, while “Born in the U.S.A.” saw solos on “Bobby Jean” and “I’m Goin’ Down”.
      Clemons suffered a brain aneurysm from a blood clot forming after hand surgery on June 12, 2011, and died of complications from it six days later at the age of 69.
      In 2014, he was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the E Street Band’.

January 11 1942 – June 18 2011

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

Leo Salu
      Participant

saxomonica
        Participant

What do you think of the way cool guitar type strap?

(the full song with lyrics too, a typo on “other” ya’)

~~~~~~~ / ~~~~~~

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.