Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone rock n roll improvise put through logic pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Here is the same recording fed into logic Pro,
      amazing how logic pro makes you sound so much better

jake
      Participant

I don’t agree with ya here James. I actually prefer the sound of the other recording. The sax sound is LOST in this logic pro mix. Yea there is effects on your sound but to my ears hurts the mix. The other recording much more clear and focused! Gotta have some fast fingerings too for this song! Good job.
        Jake

Anonymous

i’ recorded with a GoPro, which does a video recording, and then i exported the audio file using quicktime to upload to soundcloud. It’s equivalent to doing a mobile phone recording, there’s no tweaking with reverb and compression to improve the sound with a GoPro and quicktime.

Then i loaded the same audio file into logicpro, where you can add reverb, compression etc..

i’ve just about got my 8 track digital recorder setup, to use a c1000s microphone to record the sax, and i’ve already got a tacky backing track of ‘get back’ loaded into it. The only problem is i have use headphones while recording the sax, and it doesn’t quite feel the same as recording with the backing track sound in the room.

Really struggling to improvise with it. I might just record it and listen back, and work on for several months and then record it again.

john
          Keymaster

ya this ones too washed out, other one is better.

Anonymous

i find it quite amusing, a few people actually prefer this recording, one person said it sounded more like a saxophone should sound.

Just goes to show how much software can make or break the final sound.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.