Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video Sax Gordon

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Bill Mecca
    Participant

Sax Gordon, from the Boston area, spends a lot of time playing in Europe, and he kills it. Can’t remember how I found him, but I have a friend who has played with im, and he is amazing, Gordon even says he thinks he was born at the wrong time. LOL this is a short sample of Flip flop and Fly…. if you like, just search him on youtube

Bill Mecca
      Participant

john
        Keymaster

Nice one Bill, Gord’s my favorite rock/blues sax player and a good friend who I’ve done many gigs with as well.
          We toured a lot in the 90’s throughout Canada and the US and even did a show in Europe together. He gave me a
          lot of King Curtis tapes of stuff I had never heard before and never knew existed… I treasure this stuff a lot!

Bill Mecca
          Participant

Yeah, Gordon is a wealth of knowledge. IIRC Andrew Clark had a column about him in the old Saxophone Journal. Andrew is another great rock sax player. As well as being a nice guy. 😉

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hi Bill, thanks for sharing! WOW…now that’s a Saxophone player. There’s not too much more other than that you could say.

wayne wojnarowski
              Participant

HOLY COW I”LL BET THAT MAN SLEPT WELL AFTER THAT PERFORMANCE !!!! What the heck was he playing ???????????? I want that played at my FUNERAL!! UNBELIEVABLY GREAT!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.