Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Saxophone Music

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Hi Johnny, i’ve just finished downloading the last of your songs – Thankyou so much for providing me with a fantastic collection of backing tracks. Have you got anymore in the Pipeline? There is only one suggestion i have for the sheet music which probably doesn’t really matter, you could combine the Alto & Tenor together on the same pages for those who want to play a duet?

john
      Keymaster

Hey, thanks…yes I am working on some early rock & roll tunes which I am very exited about. Should be ready fairly soon.
        Your suggestion is a good one but I have enough trouble keeping the charts down to a couple of pages for each sax so I just can’t see a way on how to get both parts on the same page, just can’t make that work as far as I can figure.

john
        Keymaster

i bought and downloaded a software package called “print music” produced by Finale. I use to for when i play the guitar, my youngest daughter plays Bb clarinet and the eldest daughter plays Flute in C . It allows me to layout the music for all 3 instruments or any number of instruments – more or less what a conductor would be looking at. The plus side is if you just use it for one instrument say Bb Sax, you can save it, transpose at a few clicks to say Eb sax and save it as something else, and even listen to the Pc play it back to you.

john
          Keymaster

Oh right, yes I see what you mean. I may have that capability with my program too, my concern has been to get the whole arrangement on the least number of pages as this is important for the downloading process and generally the amount of work involved.
            I’ll keep that in mind though and check out if I can do it.

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Hey Johnny, I know you’re a busy guy and you get LOTS of requests (I can’t blame anyone for that LOL) and I don’t know what early rock and roll tunes you’re working on now, but wanted to suggest three VERY classic songs that would be fabulous on the Tenor Sax; if it would be worth your time financially do make them available:
              1. “Don’t you Feel like Crying” by Solomon Burke
              2. “These Arms of Mine” and “Love Man” by Otis Redding.
              At least just keep them in mind/make a note of them for possible future releases; the backtracks on Karaoke for these songs are very generic. I did find 2 really good backing tracks Karaoke had for 2 songs I’m going to be doing this year on my Tenor: “Puttin’ on the Ritz” as done by Robbie Williams (a very “cracky” tune to say the least) and “Rock this Town” by the Stray Cats. The backing tracks Karaoke has for these 2 songs sound almost like the real thing.

john
              Keymaster

Ya, great suggestions Michael. The ones I’m working on are almost finished… and like I said, they’re early rock & roll classics mostly (1950’s)

Michael Bishop
                Participant

I LOVE those classic songs from the 50s! So cool you’re making them available here to buy/learn as I progress. I’ll be buying your love songs/Watermelon Man in about a week or so and my wife will not let me get off the hook from learning “Just the Way you Are” By Billy Joel you just released, he’s one of her Favorite Artists of all time. She’s starting to make song requests of me now, which is what lead me to start learning Puttin’ on the Ritz and “Rock this Town” later this year.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.