Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Shake Rattle Roll (ratlle your bones)

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

wow that is a great sketch, i think you and the wife will have fun, i used to love to draw, frank frazzetta was a great artist in my days

Anonymous

Thanks. Just looked up Frank Frazzetta’s work – that’s a real talented artist!! If i could just do one of his drawings to his standard, i would be very happy. It’s like music, some bands can chuck out dozens of hits, and others are only remembered for one hit.

Anonymous

@Jeff – that’s like when i play along with another saxophone player, we both tend to sound the same, but when we both play solo separately on our own, our instruments sound slightly different for the same piece. The Tenor does have a more deeper base rumbling sound, some of Johnny’s Tenor recordings, its very hard to emulate on an alto. The great thing with the alto is you get the best of both worlds with a tenor and a soprano.

Anonymous

Hi Sxpoet, it all depends on the person playing. I prefer the darker MP’s too and when I play in our group, my wife says that my tone is much darker and richer than the chaps playing on the Tenors. I’m still learning, but thanks to my longer practice hours I can now produce a better tone with my alto. It all depends on what type of music one is going to play I suppose. Equipment is important, but as Johnny has recommended long-tone practice is the way to a richer tone.

Regarding Soprano, its become clear in discussions that the Soprano’s sound tends to irritate some people, when played an octave above the normal vocal range.

Viewing 4 posts - 11 through 14 (of 14 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.