Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Short Folk Song: " I Remember Loving You"

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    William Cingolani
    Participant

No backing tracks. Just me and the horn. Theo Wanne metal Gaia 7* mp and a selmer super 80 tenor

paddy jordan
      Participant

nice buzzey sound you have there, i have the theo wanne metal durga 8 but i am still not sure about it yet.

William Cingolani
        Participant

Hi Paddy,
          Thanks for stopping by. I have the Durga 7* and the 8.
          Both are rock & roll loud. You may seen this demo before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvJ20Qx6UrY

Anonymous

sounds fine William – reminds of dance halls of a bygone era – i have a blue art durga3 size7 and it has a clear clean sound, i only bought it because it was made of a new material thats supposed to sound different to ebonite and i wanted to try it for myself

jake
            Participant

I recently got a Shiva Blue ART mp for my tenor. I think I have found my mouthpiece!! I am getting a pretty good sound from it. I am going to stick with it and really try to hone in the sound for sure! I am finally getting that buzziness I have been looking for. Can’t be all the mouthpiece tho. LOL.

Kevin
              Participant

william, great hearing that tone. You should consider doing a demo of your selection of MP’s. You have a good tone on all your uploads. Which one’s have you showcased to date? I’ll have to look back at the video’s to date…
                Lower notes were a bit on the flat side, but as you relax for the sustain the pitch does come back in tune. Curious if the intonation of your sax is like my yamaha whereby with the middle of the range set in tune with tuner, and with your embrochure playing from a relatively neutral contol reference, do you find the low notes going flatter the lower you go, and the high notes going sharper as you go up? I’ve recently done a mod to my neck pc that seems to have help bring the higher notes closer in tune, but don’t know of anything to help with the lower notes yet- gotta just “lip-em up”. The main struggle with having to do that is that it causes one to be on that thin line that triggers the overtones…

William Cingolani
                Participant

Thanks Kevin. I Used my Theo Wanne Gaia metal 7*. I’ll have to watch my tuner as I go up and down the scale

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.