Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership Shotgun Improve Challenge

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Got the first lesson up for the Shotgun sessions.
      Starts slow with one note. Commit to this 30 day challenge as I will add a lesson each week building upon the previous one.
      Check it out!

RockinRobin
      Participant

Shotgun. Sounds like blues. Is it 12 bar blues? Looks like there is one chord in the music, the Bb7

saxomonica
        Participant

Hi @William i used to do some straight bar blues and 8 bar songs on my harp, will try and remember ’em to post some for ya!
          Anyways here’s a good link for some extra articulation to hammer out the different Bb notes, bisque, side bar, octave, low –
          Do the Jerk! Do the Pony! Do the Twine too!
          Ride ’em cowboys!! 🙂 An expose on one note prowess! Blow hard or go home!

saxomonica
          Participant

So this arvo was practicing my Shotgun single note articulation and stuff being around the back yard when a coupla ‘roos came by to listen, i managed to get a photo capture over the crook of the sax but can’t cut and paste to to download it here; i saw an old post by @BrotherCavefish and @Jeff on how to post pix but geez i can’t Shuffle it onto an http server … Sings Sonny Boy Williamson II, “I don’t know” C 3rd.

Anonymous

Hey Saxo. There’s something amiss with your recording. I can’t hear your sax!

saxomonica
              Participant

Hiya @Jeff good buddy i am playing very quiet haha because i am the shy, retiring type doncha know?

saxomonica
                Participant

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

RockinRobin
                  Participant

Ok, the second and third note is up and running. The 6 and the 5, so we have the 1, the 6, and the 5 to work with. Two more notes and we have a pentatonic. We’er moving on

RockinRobin
                    Participant

Well I’ve been blowing the 6th note, and the 5th note. and the one note. Using the octave key to add to the mix. Those notes, the 1st. the 6th, the 5th, and what ever comes next can be blown using the octave key as long as I blow those notes. So I think I’m making progress. Thanks Johnny

saxomonica
                      Participant

🙂
                        Hey any of youse other dunces (hey i’m the star dunce here ok!) don’t forget to finger Bb = left hand B & right hand F (coz i did).
                        Just sayin’

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.