Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire sleepwalk

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jake
    Participant

I downloaded sleepwalk a while ago. I am working on it on my tenor. When I play the chords on guitar for the song (C Am F G) they seem to match right up to the backing track you provided. The problem I am having is when I play the A for the tenor sax it is the same time as the Am on guitar and the notes are off. I have to start on A and slide into an A# or B on my tenor to make the notes match up. Is the chord progression you used different where as they won’t match up?? I want to play this song on my tenor while my buddy plays the chords on the guitar. We played it thru and I am only having an issue with the A on tenor (example is the first A played on your sheet music). Thanks

john
      Keymaster

Jake, not totally sure what you mean but I am going to email you my chart with the changes I used etc…I am including the chords on the all the songs I do now but when I started doing this I wasn’t so Sleepwalk is in this category.
        After you do it with my chord chart let me know if you are still having the same problem and if you are p;ease be more specific as to what you are not jivin with.

jake
        Participant

Sorry for confusing text. When I play the sheet
          Music for tenor that you provided and my friend
          Plays guitar using chords C Am F G which match
          Up to your backing track. When I play the A on tenor
          It falls when guitar plays chord Am and the notes
          Don’t go together.

john
          Keymaster

I get it now! It’s totally correct. Tell him to play an A minor 7th. The A there is the 7th (his G)
            This is exactly what I played in my version and it’s exactly what they play in the original.
            It may be that it sounds a little weird with just you 2 guys but if he adds that 7th it will help. Also, his next chord should be F minor, not F major… this is a common mistake most guys do in this tune.

jake
            Participant

Amazing! thanks so much!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.