Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Share a Video SONNY STITT SURFIN' THIS IS NICE!!! TIM

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tim56
    Participant

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Great stuff Tim–thanks for sharing. I LOVE the alto Sax, and have said before that I think there’s a good number of stuff out there that is actually better on the Alto. I’m working on an Alto Sax Blues Instrumental right now that is modeled after what they call “Chicago Blues” and it’s in the key of D, so for the Alto that means to play it in the key of B. On the Blues brothers track–which I’ll be re-uploading as soon as I can within a week’s time; really happy to have gotten a good tuner–I was using mostly all Blues Scales, but for this next Instrumental it’s comprised mostly of Pentatonic Scales and using dominant chords on the 5 chord. Another great thing I really like about the Alto is that it gives you more exposure to different scales/chords other than just what you would use while playing Tenor all the time. That’s one of the great things that Johnny does in his courses, shows both lessons in Eb and Bb Saxophones. After I re-upload the Blues Brothers Instrumental, a good number of stuff coming is on the Alto—I’ve only done 1 upload with the Alto since I bought it this past spring…time goes by so quickly to try and keep track of what we have/haven’t done!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.