Skip to main content
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

It’s nice to put on a plain backing track, and just forget theory and rules and just relax, meditate and play sounds that come into your head, it doesn’t matter if the sounds create tension, you have to expose your mind to all different sorts of sounds to play out various emotions and get used to what works and what doesn’t work.

The saxophone is capable of creating beautiful sounds from top to bottom, you just have to explore them. So get improvising.

I’d like to hear some uploads of players improvising, or just tootling along to a track.

The backing track i used is in Bb (Alto), i’m just trying to focus on playing the sounds to sound good, not trying to impress anyone (i’m not capable of that as i’m only a novice).

Sometimes i get the notes to harmonise, sometimes they sound discordant, it doesn’t matter, there are no rules. The process is to chill out, immerse yourself in the sound of the backing track, and feel your way round with various notes, explore find out.

jake
      Participant

That’s actually great practice as well especially for ear training!! I’ve done that in the past, not so much lately, something to get back to as part of my practice!! Nice ideas ya have there James!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.