Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Saxophone Tips stressed out

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

some days i use this Ap on my iPad,

It’s nice now and then just to chill out using the Ap, calm down and then later in the day pick up the sax in a completely relaxed mood.

Home Page

saxomonica
      Participant

Mesmerise me up, Jamie !! 🙂

Anonymous

The next best way to relax, is to put on a harmony backing track, not a melody backing track, get the sax out and meditate just playing notes that sound great with the backing track. Completely forget all the theory rules just play stuff that sounds nice tootle away.

It’s a really powerful way of playing sweet spot in tune notes, it develops projection of expressing feeling in notes, it’s not like long tones but better. The reason being you’re not under stress of playing a note correctly like when you are playing from a music, it gives the chance to play beautiful sounding notes. notes that take your breath away….

Anonymous

The next best way to relax, is to put on a harmony backing track, not a melody backing track, get the sax out and meditate just playing notes that sound great with the backing track. Completely forget all the theory rules just play stuff that sounds nice tootle away.

It’s a really powerful way of playing sweet spot in tune notes, it develops projection of expressing feeling in notes, it’s not like long tones but better. The reason being you’re not under stress of playing a note correctly like when you are playing from a music sheet, it gives you the chance to play beautiful sounding notes. notes that take your breath away..

saxomonica
            Participant

Thank you, James!! Top advice. I’m working on volume and dynamics now.

Anonymous

nice video! wish i could play like that.

volume and dynamics? i was recently doing that with long tones,
                get the electronic tuner out, play a middle Bb, start of very quietly working up to max volume and go back down to very quietly.
                I found that difficult to do to keep the tuner needle in the middle all the time, i have to increase and decrease air flow evenly otherwise i go off key.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.