Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions sub tones

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    paul kelly
    Participant

Hi Johnny what are sub tones and how do you use them.just come across this on the web,
      Very puzzled. Thank you.

john
      Keymaster

you blow the lower notes of the sax really soft and make them sound like a whisper. not easy to do. My favorite player who does this the best is Ben Webster. See if you can find anything by him and if it’s a slow ballad (like Makin’ Whopee) chances are you’ll hear a great example of sub tones.

john
        Keymaster

When they play like that, do they let air escape from both corners of the mouth?

john
          Keymaster

No, well at least I don’t.

paul kelly
            Participant

I Johnny I am after three tunes,yesterday killing me softly and careless whispers,but just don’t want to pay three times.So is it possible to get them in one go? or not.thanks Paul.

john
              Keymaster

They’re all set up individually. The only way around it is if you make a one time payment using the “Donation” button on the bottom of home page. After that I can personally email you the appropriate links. If you do it this way just make the payment equal to what the 3 songs would be.

paul kelly
                Participant

Ok will do Johnny and thank you.

paul kelly
                  Participant

Hi Johnny Have got the links but one is not what I wanted you sent me the link for something instead of yesterday. sorry to be a pain can you send me the link to yesterday please thank you .paul.

john
                    Keymaster

Ok sorry, I’ll check on that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.