Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Suggestion to improve usability of download tracks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Charlton
    Participant

I’d like to make a suggestion about the download music and backing tracks.

Is there any chance you could also include the full cover track (i.e. as per the youtube videos) as an audio mp3 file. That way the track can be slowed down and loops created using a programme such as ‘Amazing Slow-Downder’..

When I’m learning a new piece I find it hugely helpful to slow the tempo and create a few loops – especially on the complex solos. This helps me to figure out what the heck’s going on (!) – then I gradually increase my playback speed until I have it licked

I know it’s possible to download the video from youtube and find a work around, but it’s awkward and the resulting files aren’t compatible with the better slow-downer programmes.

Anyhow, you get the idea – just a suggestion, but for me at least, it would make a big difference.

john
      Keymaster

Sounds like you have a great system working for you. I will include my full mix for future downloads, meanwhile you can take the “audio only” from any Youtube video and make it work on your software as you described.
        Go to this website and you’ll see a space which allows you to copy in any youtube url and in about 2 seconds you can download the video’s audio to your desktop as an mp3:
        http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

Mark Charlton
        Participant

Thanks for the link and positive response. I’ll check that out now.

jake
          Participant

also, if you use the program VLC media player (its a free download that will play any media file), you can slow the track down as johnny has them without converting them. Just go into the playback menu and there are different speeds to slow. Good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.