Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Tequila solo

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Larry-Cleveland
    Participant

Hi Johnny,

Thanks for the update. I have included a transcription with the solo for you.

Enjoy, Larry

OK it does not like a PDF file….how can I send it?

john
      Keymaster
        Quote:
        Can you just play with the pentatonic scale over those bars for beginners?

Yes, the pentatonic is good for that.

john
        Keymaster

Hey guys, Larry kindly sent me this hand written transcription for tequila which also includes the solo section. I haven’t played thru it yet but all the notes appear to be there. Hopefully this will help those at least start to get a handle on copying the original solo. I will also get a complete lesson up for this as soon as I can in the very near future.

Click this link for the PDF of the solo:

https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Tequila-solo.pdf

Anonymous

just re-downloaded the latest tequila music sheet, and watched the free tutorial, being an alto player, for me it’s interesting to see how it’s done on alto.

john
            Keymaster

If Chuck Rio (guy who recorded the original) had played it on alto there’s no way some of those solo parts would be as they are on tenor.
              Like those 2 bars of 16th note triplets tied to an 18th note… doing that move from C to middle D is NOT easy…impossible for me that’s why I talked about a way around it in the lesson!

saxomonica
              Participant

Heya @sxpoet !!

am ever so glad you have swung by in your happy trails with your alto in hand
                we certainly love you altissimo time you hyperspatial man of mystery you lol
                welcome home mate / your highly valued input always greatly appreciated
                true 🙂

Johnny’s tutes / blogs on the Dom 7 scale and “Tequila” sure have got plenty of us on track
                Is it not fantastic his relaxed teaching manner of late – how he sings the notes out like?
                fluid & dynamic, you can see this rockin’ method developing, say, in how he lays out, “born to run” solo too
                finding it so easy to relate to in this fashion, i just love it, and, makes learning ESPECIALLY easy too,hey
                personally am hoping to see it resonating in time equably and diligently through the frequency spectrum
                interestin’

on a different note, so i gotta Hercules sax holder on Ebay coming soon and can then leave my alto out
                whoo hoo – look out !!
                wow if i draw close to my alto, will it draw close to me ??

i like this guy Dan featured below, as he has good vibes, and he is a developing force to reckon with

anywayz, as you may appreciate, herewith a recent teethy alto expose below on his account – do you like it?

Anonymous

@Johnny – cool, master class demo.

@saxomonic – waiting to hear one of your uploads, there’s no hills nearby for me take off to!

Busy going through lots of common jazz phrasing articulation types of phrases, not practicing any specific songs as such.
                  Now when i listen to a sax tune, i can identify a lot of common phrases being played, and know how they are being played. Some of these phrasings takes a lot of work to master, but once you can do them, it makes life a lot easier when you come across them in different song sheets.

Viewing 7 posts - 11 through 17 (of 17 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.