Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Tequila solo

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    John Wright
    Participant

Hi Johnny, how much would it cost to write the solo of tequila in sheetmusic and make a video of it? I think a lot of people would be interested in this!
      Kind regards,
      John

john
      Keymaster

You mean make a video lesson demonstrating how to play the solo or what?

John Wright
        Participant

Yes, a video lesson + the sheetmusic.

John Wright
          Participant

🙂

john
            Keymaster

Yes, I could make that available. I’ll try and do it as soon as I can!
              thanks
              Johnny

John Wright
              Participant

Thanks Johnny for your help!!

Manuel Valle
                Participant

I have eared Tequila, and there are some times without sax playing, but you can hear a solo, between 8 + 7 empty.
                  Do you have the notes for this part?

john
                  Keymaster

not sure about your question… do you mean bars 7 and 8 from the top or what?

Dazza
                    Participant

On Tequila Johnny, on alto I am playing it as written but find the F# sounds better as an F to my ear. Is either ok? This was a tricky one to get the fingers around but I am just about solid on it now. Would love to see that solo option to work oin next. Can you just play with the pentatonic scale over those bars for beginners?

Michael Bishop
                      Participant

I learned how to play the solo on Tenor and uploaded it back in the spring….allergy season was fierce this past spring! It was my first time to upload with a Guardala Mouthpiece; always feels great to make progress on our instrument 🙂 I would have LOVED to had a lesson for the solo; all I had to go by was sheet music and listened to the original song but did the best I could at the time. Speaking of solos Johnny, have you considered making available to buy from you tutorials in the way of Sax solos?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 17 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.