Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Testing a Morgan Dr Martini Model 18 (0.063 tip)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    sxpoet
    Participant

decided to get a classical mouthpiece to complement my other bright mouthpiece.
      Recorded it using the iPad microphone in Garage band, excuse the metronome clicking away (forgot to turn that off in garage band)
      Need to spend some time on it, just about got altissimo notes out of it, but it needed a number 3 reed.

sxpoet
      Participant

sxpoet
        Participant

i misspelt the title it should say Dry Martini not Dr Martini

saxomonica
          Participant

And who is this mellow maestro that has been hiding in the wings all this time!

Cheers

🙂

john
            Keymaster

dry martini…perfect!

sxpoet
              Participant

got to try out varying the types of voicing – to get the sound i want
                got to try out the resistance from different size reeds – need try a harder no. 3
                got to try out jazz (nose down) and classic (nose up) positions – see which one sounds better

A lot of stuff to try out with a new Dark mouthpiece, when i’m satisfied with that, then i’ll try using a microphone instead of the iPad microphone.

work in progress

Jeff
                Participant

Hi James, I received my JJ Custom Dark MP today and played it for a couple of hours.
                  It is wonderful, adding depth of tone on the low notes and making the high notes clearer and louder.
                  I need plenty of practice time on it but give this MP a test run if you can.
                  I only wish I had acquired one before I bought all the cheaper ones.
                  Cheers
                  Jeff

sxpoet
                  Participant

Hi Jeff,
                    upload some recordings, so we can hear what all your mouthpieces sound like!

I’ve got two mouthpieces now, a bright one and a dark one – I’m not buying anymore mouthpieces or testing out anymore mouthpieces.

Jeff
                    Participant

Hi James, so now you can play during the day and at night 🙂

I feel the same way, my H2O and the JJ HR* Custom Dark will do me very nicely. Cheers

sxpoet
                      Participant

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.