Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video testing out my EMEO digital sax

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

just a short upload of fly me to the moon, using my emeo bluetooth connected to my ipad, using headphones plugged into my ipad, using garage band on my ipad, with a backing track loaded into garageband, using the respiro Ap on my ipad to select a different instrument.

the respiro ap on my ipad only comes with 6 instrument types, however you can buy the respiro software for your apple mac, and you can transfer different instruments to the respiro ap on the ipad.

the EMEO manufacturer stresses that it is to be used as a practice sax, when you want to play silently, and it is not meant to replace a real sax. it doesn’t have a bite sensor like other digital saxes, so you have to blow and tongue as well.

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Anonymous

Mel
              Participant

Nice Demo and videos. Very cool 🙂

Anonymous

Thanks!
                  it’s great for practicing and not disturb anyone, it’s ideal for me as i’m trying to play fly me to the moon from memory along side the backing track. So i’m constantly replaying the same 4 bars lots of times to memorise them, which would annoy anyone nearby on my alto sax.

Also on play back of a recording, it shows up how bad some of my key presses are out of sync with tonguing a new note –
                  pressing a new key before blowing
                  blowing before pressing a new key
                  blowing and pressing a key at the same time – which is what should be done on the emeo

ex if you just touch the octave key and blow it plays high C# so if you play a high F and you dont press both the octave and F keys at the same time you could end up playing a high C# quickly followed by a high F.

So it’s made me tighten up my fingering. great for practicing fingering, timing and blowing and tonguing. Also it is lighter on the neck than my alto is on my neck.

RockinRobin
                  Participant

Sounds good sx poet.So you bought one.
                    William

Anonymous

i had to buy one William so i can practice silently in the coming months so as not to disturb other family members, it’s only for a year or two.

Also it’s a good thing i bought it, as my alto fell out of its case onto the floor and the repair shop won’t be able to fix it until March.

I can still play the alto, but the low Bb and Low B don’t work as their pads have moved out of place, the rest of the notes work ok but the sax is now harder to blow than before.

RockinRobin
                      Participant

I’m working on “The Party’s Over”. I’m playing it in A major. I have to use middle A since I don’t have a low A. The sheet music is in A major. The backing track is in G so the tenor plays it in A major. The song is in my Aebersold jazz book but it’s not the song/music that I’m using. i prefer Willie Nelson’s version. I’ll have to use the octave key most of the time
                        William

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.