Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone testing out the TC Helicon Mic Mechanic 2

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

The Mic Mechanic 2 is used by singers
      https://www.tc-helicon.com/product.html?modelCode=P0DDW

so i thought i’d try it out with my Alto sax?

Mel
      Participant

Grooovy!

Mike Potter
        Participant

Sounds good, I use two of them (one for reverb & the other for delay) when I’m playing with my band and I’m running the PA. I still haven’t figured out how to master the effects on my mic into my monitor mix, using the mic mechanic overcomes my lack of technical ability! Plus I thing they sound very good on sax.

Anonymous

Thanks for the feed back Mike.

i bought it out of curiosity, figured if singers use it, then why not try it out on my Alto. Mainly got it to experiment with. Still figuring out the best way to use it, so many different settings.

I’m still learning to play the sax, the beauty of the sax is it allows you to shape the same sound in so many different ways, compared to pressing a piano key.

jake
            Participant

Nice James. I’ve found the vocal processors I’ve played with work well with sax. The guitar pedals not so much. I use a boss ve-20 and play around with a vocal 300. Tons of options on those devices. I really only want to add some reverb and a lil delay. Does the mic mechanic have both of those? Def a nice option for keeping it compact! I’ll check it out. Thanks.
              Nice playing too by the way! I remember a few years ago when we all started our journey on here. What a difference!!!!! Love hearing the progress are all making!!

Jake

Mel
              Participant

Here is a link to an Everything Saxophone podcast. Interviewed is Doug Levin of Horn FX. Horn FX is for Saxophonists looking for effects and pedals.

Ep 094 – Saxophone in the Age of COVID 19; Performance tips with Doug Levin of Horn FX

john
                Keymaster

nice to hear your high notes coming out nicely JB, processed or not! great improvement.

Anonymous

All these high notes being played are a direct result of using your Altissimo Course years ago.

Your Altissimo Course i did without my sax teachers input, and it’s the only thing i found that worked. All the youtube altissimo videos which i browsed were completely useless and a waste of time.

Overtones and altissimo notes definitely takes you to the next level of manipulating sounds.

Mel
                    Participant
                      Anonymous

That’s a lot of pedal info. Thanks for sharing.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.