Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire the beatles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

i listened to the 1st 3 songs Johnny’s done….

yesterday – i listened to this song & felt like i just walked passed the creators room and his door was slightly ajar, I couldn’t see inside, paused, and heard this music he was listening to playing within, I felt i was in the presence of a being, the sound engulfed me. Wrapped around me and transported me through a spring forest untouched by mankind.. free, intoxicated and out of my mind.

I feel fine -I love this one, its party time, big dance band,almost like carnival time! sets the heart beat racing, who ever wrote this was on a real high. They were definitely in control and you coudn’t touch them, but they opened your eyes into a world you hadn’t seen before. An illusion, the music stops, and you’re not there anymore.

Something in the way she moves – image a beautiful race horse on a cold day, you can see its breath in the air, now image on it the most beautiful goddess gallops away . The chase is on, no amount of money can turn this one. Harrison is undone he knows that by opening his heart and playing this song he 
      can cast a spell over this woman.

Thats what i like about music, its a canvass, sometimes the words fit the song, no matter what happens the music reveals the mind

john
      Keymaster

wow, thanks I enjoyed ready that!

john
        Keymaster

Downloaded the beatles, and enjoyed playing yesterday & Somewhere, the other 2 not quite ready for.

Loved the “Day in a Life arrangement” , i just realised why they had an alarm clock in it! lol. It’s a very powerful song, listing to it you can feel Lennon had enough of the beatles, almost as if he’s having a panic attack and can’t get his breath, wakes up from a dream to find it wasn’t a dream. You could almost sing the words “don’t want to be here anymore ….” The waking up section, he portrays starting a new life, the excitement of waking up says it all, like he’s gonna have a reason now for getting up in the morning! Perhaps all the build up is his terror in confronting everyone when breaks up the band?
          Reminds me a bit like the “Yellow Submarine”

Saxfella
          Participant

Check out audio for Black Orpheus.and then the movie.

john
            Keymaster

cool

Saxfella
              Participant

Watching the movie (okay, I know black & white, but Manha de Carnival (Black Orpheus) captures that sound and spirit of the Mardi Gras in Rio. The audio for both songs is the same but the lyrics tell two different stories. Good watching and listening.

john
                Keymaster

Just had a go at playing Yesterday, and can play it, just slight timing issues! But am enjoying it – Thanks Johnny for putting it up there!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.