Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces The Reed Geek and fiber carbon fat boy mouthpiece

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Johnny,
      We know the suck-pop is not the end all test for how well the reed sits on the mouthpiece table. Using an onyx medium reed on my theo juanne 7* slant sig 2 I can always get a suck pop. On my 7* fiber carbon fat boy I got no suck pop using the same reed. Using my reed Geek I noticed a ridge on my fiber carbon fat boy so one swipe down the table of the fiber carbon fat boy show the ridge causing the reed not to sit flatly on the mouthpiece table. A couple more swipes down the table and that made the mouthpiece table very flat. So I got the suck pop with my fat boy fiber carbon mouthpiece. End of story. We’ll see how it plays.

RockinRobin
      Participant

Reed Geek

RockinRobin
        Participant

I also wiped down the table top of my MBII metal fat boy with my reed geek and I got a suck pop using a fiber Onyx reed. It was a light wipe.

Anonymous

wow – having to file down a mouthpiece doesn’t sound very good, better
            to send it back to the manufacturer and ask for a refund.
            I don’t think that was machine cut by a computer.

brother cavefish
            Participant

should have sent it back to the maker

RockinRobin
              Participant

My MBII fiber carbon 7* fat boy blows well now that I got rid of the ridge that was coming down the top side edge of the table. The table is now flat, no ridge and the fiber carbon Onyx reed fits very flat. I now get a good suck pop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.