Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Mouthpieces Theo Wanne Amma tenor metal

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

i have some sweet ammas tenors for sale and some wood pieces,

Michael Fisher
      Participant

I’m not sure that I’m ready to use or appreciate the benefits of premium gear yet but tell me more.

brother cavefish
        Participant

it is always a better player with pro gear, i have a sweet connection on some great theo wanne stuff bought a bunch for my tenor, the person also has alto stuff,, if you wanted theo wanne, other than that i can recommend some nice alto tenors but i would need a price range, or you can search for yourself, the main thing is , YES pro mouthpieces can make a difference , but bare in mind, LOL in most cases it is a journey , i have had many MPs everyone is different the sound you want , the feel, the look, the tip size and the price, but honestly when it comes to the price someone always sells it cheaper you just got to know how to look and bargain—- if your new i would recommend a 5 or 6 tip, only because one gets more freedom but i blow hard ,, think about it i have alot of time on tenor MPs alto i would imagine would be the same

Simon
          Participant

Do you have Theo Wanne Ambika for tenor sax ?

brother cavefish
            Participant

yes vintified and gold plated , i have ammas, Gaia and a 12 tip durga, wood parvotti the innovation for ambikas but wood, some altos all class A theo wanne mps– just sold a few this month , got some ebay too,, i have some sweet Ammas they are just as good as ambikas, they get dark and they get bright i would say it just a small step up from ambikas, theu have deep scooped inner rails and a roll over baffle, the ambika has no baffle and med scooped rails, the ambika has a deeper dark lower register with sonority , the ammas have a deep dark sound but spread, not as loud its all on what one wants, i have a silver plated amma, vintified and gold plated also a Amma 2 never tried that yet, the Gaia is bad ass too its inbetween the durga and the ambika i. look at eBay for ammas you will see and then look up my history sales and see the polished one,, i have another but am keeping that , they quit making Ammas in 2012, the ambika durga and gaia over sold them i guess, the Amma is a middle ground MP, most of the early amma were hand made and hand polished, when Amma 2 came out the machining kicked in but like i said a middle ground MP, the Ambika gaia and durga are completely distinct, insanely distinct,, theo wanne in my opinion is one of the only makers that truly knows his stuff ,, as a matter of fact i am gong to NAMM tomorrow to meet him very excited

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.