Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video This one's a little Spooky

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Bill Mecca
    Participant

Just testing out my little Go Pro knockoff, just the built in microphone, zoomed in the video a bit so as to hide my mess. LOL.

will do a full version soon.

Michael Bishop
      Participant

Thanks for uploading this one Bill, nice one. You have a smooth/open tone with some good vibrato. Looking forward to the whole upload. I have 2 custom backing tracks for “Spooky” that I made in a studio about 2 years ago–1 of them is in C minor and the other is in F minor. I use the C minor backing track when I’m playing this song on the Alto Sax and I use the F minor track when I’m playing this song on Tenor Sax. I had my track created to have a feel of Mike Shapiro’s original release of this song on the Alto, but I wanted the Sax sound by the Classics IV when Mike played the solo on Tenor Sax, so I took what I liked from both of those Sax Covers and combined them into one track. If you’re interested in the F minor version, send me an e-mail at baboon4215@gmail.com and I’ll send you the mp3 of the backing track I had made in the studio for you to use how you like…it would be cool to see you do the whole upload with the backing track 🙂 Keep Rockin’ Bill!

Anonymous

Recording sounds fine.

Can’t fault the playing, i’d prefer to hear more groove but thats only my personal choice.

Ump-I-Yat-T Te-Yi-Yo-Yi-YO …

john
          Keymaster

nice, and kinda spooky lighting.
            I agree that there could be a better blend with the balance between the track and the sax….
            but I bet you’re already workin on it!

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Very cool guys 🙂 @ Bill–I e-mailed you the F minor backing track/sheet music for the Sax solo, check your inbox. Keep rockin’ Bill 🙂

Bill Mecca
              Participant

Thanks. Yeah Johnny, this was just a test of the little Go Pro knockoff, to check the wide angle in my small office/studio. I only used the onboard mic, the tracks were coming from my speakers, and the sax was not miked at all. When I record I use either a Rode NT2, or an EV Re20 into an Aphex 105 mic pre into a 2496 sound card in the PC. 😉

john
                Keymaster

I know about the Rode, interested to hear how it sounds with a sax.
                  possibly a step up from the small diaphram condensor AKG C1000 I use

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.