Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Your Video Three transposed tunes

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

@saxolatinmon – lol, i was half expecting colourful feedback in a dead language.

@Jeff- so to get feedback…

You need to play a tenor,
      start learning latin,
      stick to playing the blues instead,
      that way,
      logically,
      you cant go wrong.

saxomonica
      Participant

Yes, that’s right @sxpoet

You have touched the thing with a needle : you have hit it exactly.
        Don’t forget about the free steak knives!

@Jeff
        your nose is outta joint and you may have temporarily bolted?
        Don’t take life to seriously.
        Life isn’t as serious as the mind makes it out to be.

The tunes weren’t all to bad – but were a bit stilted,
        Note i’d been listening to “Both Directions at Once”
        (The Lost Albums, John Coltrane Quartet Untitled originals)
        all weekend
        also Francesco Cafiso,
        Hank Jones & Andy Sheppard,
        Rahsaan Roland Kirk,
        No comparison to your 3 transposed tunes,
        i do love that alto nevertheless.

Anyways, if you don’t ask you don’t get ‘eh.
        Talk soon? Haters love to hate.

@Jeff
        have you checked out Blowout Sax Online Lessons?
        No music reading and flexible with the timing.
        Thinkin’ you could loosen up a bit being with some of his tunes.
        Check it out. Ain’t no Sunshine when you’re gone.
        Please get back to us with some more uploads soon, that is if you’d be so kind, cheers.

Anonymous

@jeff – now you see why i rarely upload. My situation is different as i have weekly lessons from Pro to get feedback from. The Pro unfortunately has to put up with listening to my crap.

But i agree with you, it’s a total waste of time uploading, in your case you have been ignored. Being critical of a persons choice of song or instrument has no relevance on improving their playing, i dont want to hear ‘waltzing matilda’ but i dont see the point of saying it to someone who uploads ‘waltzing matilda’. Likewise i don’t intend to switch to a Tenor, the Tenor sound doesn’t do it for me.

saxomonica
          Participant

Geez everybody i confess i honestly feel just terrible and woesome about critiquing @Jeff ‘s 3 songs recently wherein our Forum, i was merely trying to be honest with him and i think i have really hurt his feelings and it is manifest he has now bailed, my sincere apologies. In retrospect it was very tactless and rude of me. “Explanations become excuses”.

I’m ashamed at my stupidity and heavy handyness with our budding new talent. He’s a very nice guy, he has certainly contributed much of great value here over a good period of time, and, i never got to answer his question to me about how to measure and track progress as by then it had gone to a new page with no content shown at that particular time (10+ replies) and when i clicked on @Jeff he had no activity in his profile, that is having left already, such that i never saw his reply and i only replied to @sxpoet in his stead. All the while his query implies that there is a tangible outcome, or goal, he has in mind.

People can be so fragile. He probably feels people are laughing at him by the way i phrased my response. Realistically people are sometimes to busy to reply, for the sake of example, say, recently a guy posted a Pink Panther clip in company which was really amazing but he had no replies. Sometimes, “the thing speaks for itself”.

I’m so tactless – and dumb. What can i say? I hope i haven’t caused him to do something stupid, or maybe even cause him to throw his beautiful alto saxophone in the bin.

Anyways i kinda feel karma is gonna get me and am finding it hard to practice now. I’m suffering, “when you point your finger at somebody you are pointing three back at yourself”. Haven’t picked up my sax for days. I really hope @Jeff comes back and rocks the joint soon. Not with stones but with some great tunes. 🙁

Anonymous

@Saxoman- don’t beat yourself up about it. Fact is as stated before, jeff has done a lot of uploads in the past, and has been ignored. Whereas as people who have uploaded shortly before and after Jeffs uploads have had feedback. So the argument of people being too busy has no ground. no feedback is less worse than negative feedback.

jeff hasn’t left just because of your feedback, so you cant claim credit for that, jeff left in spirit many months before due to having nil feedback from his uploads, and seeing other peoples uploads getting feedback. Regardless of that, i kept inspiring Jeff to still keep uploading, as a new player needs to upload and get feedback both positive & negative, to progress.

Most good teachers, would be aware of Jeffs standard of playing, and take that into account before passing judgement. The feedback would then be about areas to improve on, going forward. My guess is a lot of learners are incapable of feedback, due to lack of experience, seasoned players over time, probably get tired of giving learners the same feedback.

I’m sure jeff will return at some stage.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.