Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself tongueing ???? a trumpet playing asking questions….

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by john.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joy Stawarz
    Participant

Hey betcha I’m doing this wrong and it won’t work haha….I’m so so busy always working and going to the gym so haven’t got time to look up a lot of things BUT! Johnny pointed out something when I looked tonight that suprised me a bit….I am a pro trumpet player and sax is my third instrument, Johnny played a whole lot of notes and only stuck he’s tongue in once.. I play only a few numbers on sax on stage either alto or tenor to make my duo look good with my talented daughter and I have been tongueing (spell check needed) everything !!!!!! does it really matter ???? also (now that I am at it) I can work my way up to top F but If I just press the little F key and it doesn’t work without whistling does that mean it is the reed or is it me ???? hope I have done this right thanks heaps guys….JOY

john
      Keymaster

as for tonguing it’s really personal preference and the way you want to articulate it to get it across.
        As for the high F, could be either or a combination… I would try it on a few different reeds to see it it happens all the time then I’d know. Also, try cominmg down to the E right after you paly the high F. If it doesn’t squeek then work from there. trying to make the progression to the F without squeeking.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.