Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Introduce Yourself Totally beginer (no pre knowledge) 32

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Gregor Rencelj
    Participant

Hello all,

i am Gregor from Slovenia/EU and i always wanted to play sax, but never really bought it. I recently decided to buy one (bE alt sax) and now while i wait for delivery i got you on net. I have zero past experience and zero knowledge of any musical notes, acords ets. I want to play sax for me (soul) and familly. I hope it is not to late for me since i dont have any pre knowledge in music.

Regards

Greg

paddy jordan
      Participant

Hi Greg
        its never to late i started late myself but its a fun journey,another plus for you is you picked a great site here with us guys and Johhny to learn your new alto,its one of the best sites going.

Michael Bishop
        Participant

Hi Gregor,
          Nice to have you here–2 and 1/2 years ago I was exactly in the same spot. I new nothing about music, had never even held a Saxophone in my hands, etc.. I had always loved the Saxophone for sure. The link that I pasted below of Johnny’s course is the perfect way to get started on the Saxophone and all the basic fundamentals that you need to get under your belt–the Saxophone will open a whole new world for you and you’ll have loads of fun doing it. Looking forward to hearing more from you 🙂 Also, it’s good to use Johnny’s Beginner’s lessons found at the bottom of his home page in conjunction with his book, I pasted a few of those links for you below too. This will get you up and going for sure and the more you work on these things the better you will get at them. With the Saxophone, we get out of it what we put into it.

How To Play The Saxophone – A Complete Beginner’s Guide

https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/beginners-saxophone-lessons
          https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/tone-development
          https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/technique

Gregor Rencelj
          Participant

Thank you for warm welcome. I already bought that pdf file that has links in it to watch. Hope is the right one.

Will let you know when i start learning (when will receive sax)

greg

Michael Bishop
            Participant

Very nice Gregor, those links have to be copied and then pasted in your web browser, I don’t think they will take you immediately to the tutorial videos simply by clicking on them straight from the pdf. file. Have you gotten a Saxophone yet? Doesn’t have to be expensive by any means at all, just a nice, modest/inexpensive Sax will do just fine. Some of the best student models, I think, are Vito Saxophones, which are also called by many folks “Stencil” Saxophones. A Vito is basically a Yamaha Saxophone (Yamaha makes some of the best Saxophones in the world) but they contracted with the Yamaha company to put their name on a Saxophone, so you get what is a Yamaha Saxophone for much, much less. Even many experienced players use them because they’re very good, don’t let the words “student model Saxophone” fool you. I put a link below for you of a video that talks a little bit more about Vito Saxophones. Like Johnny says in his video for the ebook you bought, we don’t have to have an expensive Saxophone to sound good, 90% of our sound comes from the mouthpiece as you will see.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.