Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Music Theory Transcriptions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Playing by ear is where i’m at currently in the learning curve. Does anyone have any tips, thanks? Much appreciated.
      I know @Johnny is now offering a transcribing service. If my ears don’t improve soon then i’ll be a huge customer!

Here’s a good site below. He advises best to take it slowly – and sing the notes – in learning to transcribe.
      Mainly Jazz, but you’ll find a few good artists here eh like Cannonball Adderley and Dexter Gordon.

http://www.charlesmcneal.com/Transcriptions.html

brother cavefish
      Participant

get a slow downer program, it slows everything down But stays in key, it hels with those tricky slurs, falloffs, combo moves by key players,

saxomonica
        Participant

whoo Hoo
          Thanking you very kindly, Sir Brother Cavefish, for the sound advice and warm undercurrents so hey — i have just downloaded Anytune Pro on my phone and i have Tonal Energy on anther old phone. I can slow them tunes down and tune ’em up in the bathoshere (hopefully)with the two devices.
          So its Shotgun and Night Train to test the waters whereupon.

The reading music thang is not happenning i gonna use a number system as B = 1 A = 2 etc written atop the score. And sing more.

i hoped you have tuned me into the dialed in ears set at last, Brother

You hold the keys to the Cave, and, be it remembered we appreciate your full and timely measure.

🙂 shots may be heard on track

Again, thanking you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.