Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Show Us Your Sax Trevor James

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    UU Pfister
    Participant

This is my Trevor James Classic Horn. I love playing it. I have a Bari Esprit mouth piece. Don’t know much about it. In time I will buy another one. The first thing I will buy is a Ligature. Any ideas what I should buy? Good but not very expensive.
      [img]https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/okx93-DSCN2465.JPG[/img]

john
      Keymaster

a ligature is very easy to upgrade because you usually will get a very cheap one with a mp. I have a video on ligs here:
        https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/sax-ligature

Johnny

UU Pfister
        Participant

thanks Johnny, had a look on the video and remembered that I have a Rovner lig for my clarinet. So I will but one for my Sax too. Rovner ligs are very good and not too expensive.

john
          Keymaster

yes a good choice.

Kevin
            Participant

Beautiful Alto Sax! I hope to be able to try the TJ sometime in the future. Hope to get to hear you on the blog!

UU Pfister
              Participant

Thanks, you will, but I need a bit more practice first. How long are you playing the sax?

Kevin
                Participant

I am 2-1/2 years into my learning to play saxophone, though the last 4-5 months have been “on hold” due to career demands, and injury.
                  I hope to begin the altissimo course this month and maybe Johnny’s daily practice regimen, to get my embrochure back!

Anonymous

Hey – Kevin, i would recommend the daily practice regimen first. Its brilliant for a 30 minute warm up session every day!
                    By doing this one, you will cover the long tones exercise in the Altissimo course.
                    I find it’s great for making you start & stop notes properly without going flat, and controlling each note without any wavering.
                    Honestly, i wish i had done this one before the Altissimo!
                    The Altissimo is great for opening up the embouchure – i couldn’t hit an altissimo G properly at will before this course.
                    I intend to get back onto it in November – i wan’t to hit those high overtones, as i only got as far as hitting the 5th overtone
                    before putting it on hold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.