Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions tuning

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anthony Hill
    Participant

Hi everyone new to the site (but what a good one Johnny) also new to tenor sax. I am wanting to make sure my horn is in tune so purchased a Korg CA-30 chromatic tuner but dont seem to to be getting the notes I am playing coming up on the screen of the tuner anyone have any thoughts on this?? thanks for your help regards to all
      Tony

john
      Keymaster

If it’s an automatic tuner it should register any note you play, if you have to set it to a note make sure you;re playing the right tenor transposed note.

If it is automatic and you;’re not registering then go to the extremes – usually people play flat so push you moethpiece as far in as it will go, without wrecking the cork!

Anthony Hill
        Participant

Cheers Johnny thanks for your reply it is an automatic tuner but, if I play say a G it registers an F a B registers an A and so on. I know Iam doing something wrong but ill bat on with thanks again

john
          Keymaster

Well then everything is working properly! When you play a B on your tenor, it should register an A because to play a concert A on your tenor you have to play your B.

Same for the F, you need to play your G to make an F concert.
            Remember, the tenor is one whole tone (or 2 semi-tones) above concert.

Anthony Hill
            Participant

feel really silly now, but at least I know everything is ok with the horn thanks again johnny.

Dirk McCall
              Participant

I was using an old standard tuner, which worked fine…but I REALLY like my iphone app tuner (AccuTune) which has all the transposition settings. $2. It is always with me.

Anthony Hill
                Participant

Hey there thanks for that tip I’ll look into that

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.