Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Improvisation Turn Arounds

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    RockinRobin
    Participant

Good lesson on turn arounds.

RockinRobin
      Participant

In one of my Bb song books I turned to “Move it on Over”. It’s in the Key of G for sax. So I’ll be practicing some turn arounds with the 12 bar blues. And in my other book is “Great Balls of Fire”. this one is in the key of “A” for tenor sax. So some good turn around practice tomorrow.

saxomonica
        Participant

Hiya William 🙂 thinkin’ i really need to see an optometrist soon coz i can’t see your link on turnarounds? lol
          i too like vizualizing thangs with G Bb C C# D F

Yo – just found this link to share and turn around with y’all:
          whatta ya reckon? #TurnItOnOver
          (NB have a gawk at “PRACTICE STUDIO” bottom RHS header ..)

http://www.jazclass.aust.com/saxophone/sax09.htm

saxomonica
          Participant

RockinRobin
            Participant

Thanks saxomonica. Hank is the man. My parents had the old 78 rpms.

john
              Keymaster

cool William. what a coincidence that your 2 tunes are in G and A, same keys I used in the Turnaround lesson.
                Hank’s version doesn’t do the turnaround change up to the 5 chord at the end but you can still play the turnaround licks over it anyway. it’ll still sound good and it’s good practice for you…rock on!

RockinRobin
                Participant

“At The Hop”. There seems to be multiple turn arounds in the rock song “At The Hop”

saxomonica
                  Participant

Sadly i am not on the same page as you guys coz i’ve let my Premium Membership lapse 🙁
                    “Explanations become excuses”
                    but sounds like a straight 12 bar – lead in, lotsa (1 1 1 1) (4 4) (1 1) (5 1 4 5)

john
                    Keymaster

wow, I love this song. but so square-looking considering what’s ahead….Beatles!

saxomonica
                      Participant

Hi William – here’s a beaut tune with more than a coupla turn arounds? Buzzin’!!

Glad to see Johnny has reopened Premium Membership. Thanking you, kind Sir.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.