Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone Two more songs on the album I recorded using Johnny's Backing tracks

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Stanislas Gaillard
    Participant

Bravo !

Gary Deripaska
      Participant

Pete,
        Instead of me purchasing the equipment and investing the time to get the equipment set up correctly and the frustrations associated with that and to record here at home, I went to one of the many recording studios here in Los Angeles. I wanted it to be the best it could possibly be since this was a gift to my parents. I invested a ton of hours in learning each of the songs, learning them to memory and getting the timing down pat, then I would add my own improvisation to the song as I played it. Of course the tracks that came from Johnny’s site was a lot easier since it comes with the sheet music , didn’t take me as long to commit those to memory.

Before doing any of the recording I sat down with the tech (the Drummer) and we went over what I expected and his expectations of me. Timing was a big one for him so I made sure before hitting the recording studio I had that down pretty good. The guy was really amazing he could hear things I couldn’t as far as the music of the track and the timing, in fact one of the songs I did ( Hallelujah) he told me the drummer was off a half a beat in one spot and advised me on how to compensate. He really liked Johnny’s tracks’said they were a lot better quality that the others I used. I wish the three tracks that weren’t available on Johnny’s site had been, but it worked out pretty good I guess. I did some singing in a band in Memphis as well, so timing and playing the sax go hand in hand. I guess me wanting it the best it can possibly be also comes from my “Lots” of years as a Corporate pilot, that really needs to be spot on.

I’m certainly glad you enjoy listening to it
        Thank you Pete,
        Gary D.

Johnny,
        Thank you so much for the tracks you have on your site, They really made my Album turn out good and my parents absolutely love the Album.
        Going to sign up for your Premium membership, so I can do your Altissimo course so I can do more rock and roll songs on my next Album

Gary D.

Pete
        Participant

You have got that Martin “PURRING” Gary, love your sound.

Mike Potter
          Participant

Sounds great Gary!

Mike Potter
            Participant

Gary, sounds fantastic! looking forward to more!

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.