Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Problems With Your Sax? Unavailable Parts in Dated Members

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    saxomonica
    Participant

Yep so anyways
      ima dated member with some unavailable parts namely my arthritic left thumb & right hand fingers
      yuk yuk haha
      can be real hard to stroll somedays and flutter me tounge too 🙂

hey, sharing is 4 caring *
      down the sailing club earlier talkin’ to me old mate, he’s pushing seventy and plays in four bands, jazz guitarist
      some time back – maybe a year or so – he almost had to give up jammin’, that is as his thumbs were riddled with arthritis
      lotsa pain especially on back of the [guitar] neck for him, which was certainly pretty depressing all the while
      howz about that i says matey, how come you are playing heaps now old cobber?

y’know i’m thinking about giving this sax thing up, no body ever told me about all the buckets of spit
      yikes, whatever will become of my fave blue suede shoes?
      or wow how hard the intonation is once you can even get to stumble thru some scales huh
      plus my hands are aching in the joints big time and likely gonna cramp me style later

so he shares a little secret i’m gonna relay to you now, namely

he gets lotsa bones and puts them in a steam pressure cooker
      only about an inch of water over the top of the bones ok
      any old bones will do he reckons, lamb, beef whatever
      although he says kangaroo tail bones were a bit more stickier and worked pretty good

what you’re looking for is the bone marrow to make gelatin for the cartlidge
      righto then, steam away in the pressure cooker for about thirty minutes
      let cool and be bloody careful before you take the lid off fellas
      pour the liquid in a baking tray, then into the fridge
      next, hit the bones up again a 2nd time, same again, drain into a tray and put in fridge

later, get an egg flip and take off the fat that has collected on the top of the tray(s)
      some times he uses fat that as a frying oil no worries about the cholestrol for him
      personally i’d just chuck it
      but what we want is the stuff left on the bottom

one mid sized steam pressure pot will give about ten or so tennis ball sized portions
      bag ’em up individually and whack ’em in the freezer in another bag

add one tennis ball sized bag being to a pot stew, say, or in your cooking on a regular basis

worked for him – ‘the best sermon is a good example’
      hope it might help us out
      “old men are but twice boys”

rock and roll

Anonymous

sounds like a great recipee for chucking up in the flower pots,
        or giving you the squits on the bog. lol

saxomonica
        Participant

Hehee @sxpoet further to your comments in the above regard i repeat, i repeat, “there is no disputing about tastes”
          lol letz hope it sticks to the ribs better than rainbows, peace and lentils
          aye i’ve since spoken with a friend who used to be an engineer, then a farmer, then a pilot and is now studying to be a Naturopath
          he reckons it’s important to add two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to the concoction
          and rather cook up in slow casserole pot for about 12 hrs being for best extraction
          so maybe gonna give that a swing and bog in rather soon yummy yumskins okely dokely
          on account of all from the tribe of irritable poets (and bowels),
          catch ya later sunshine
          🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.