Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Urgent

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher Adams
    Participant

Johnny your cover of “urgent” was absolutely class your just so inspirational Johnny you are the best!! All the best from chris.

john
      Keymaster

awesome chris thanks. it’s funny because I’ve admired Jr Walker’s solo on that for decades but never thought of covering it because it’s so much of a vocal song. after doing it all on sax I was very pleased tho. I saw Jr play the song live with his band The Allstars and I was so happy for him that he did this awesome solo on a huge Foreigner hit and now he was including it in his own shows and he was really enjoying the notoriety of it all. anyway, as far as a rock solo goes, it has it all, screamin high notes and lots of attitude with growling etc.

Christopher Adams
        Participant

Hi Johnny I was a bit embaressed when I found out that it was junior walker playing that solo on the urgent track as I’ve always prided myself on identifying the great sax players by their personal sound especially junior walker but you certainly gave that solo some credit Johnny well done! I’m certainly going to get stuck into your altissimo course the sound of those high notes are infectious by the way my favourite junior track is walk in the night I play it over & over again nice talking to you Johnny & rock on!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.