Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds vandoran traditional reeds, ,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

just got some figured i would try them, vandorans line is great , so i got some, any thoughts

john
      Keymaster

well, I tried the original vandorens in the purple box way back in the 70’s when that’s about the only one’s they made. I couldn’t play them, too stuffy. I think they were geared for classical players. it wasn’t till I tried the Java (green box) with my MBI guardala that I fell in love with them. your mp and desired sound has a lot to do with the reeds you end up choosing….I played the Java’s exlusively for 30 years…never ran across anything better that worked on my guardala

Pete
        Participant

whiter shade of pale FIRST TIME RECORDING AND PLAYING THIS.

Pete
          Participant

Sorry try again?

Anonymous

Hi Peter, if you are posting a link to a webpage.
              1) Click the underscore link button #3 above
              2) Enter the URL on the Insert/Edit link window
              3) Tick the block “Open link in a new tab”
              4) Click the Add Link button.
              After the text appears in your post.
              5) Put in a label (e.g. Peter’s Tune) between the two arrows, after the word blank in quotes.

Then after you have submitted your post, the words “Peter’s Tune” will appear and when we click on these words,
              a new window will open with your webpage and sound file. I’ve found this option works best for me.

brother cavefish
              Participant

i will try the trads today, yes i agree the greens are great

Mel
                Participant

I like the Javas but recently I ordered a Rovner Dark ligature to try. it’s just a simple one screw rubber ligature with no plates or anything. I tried an orange Rico 2.5 reed on it and it sounds great! No dark sound. I got a big focused sound out of it. Sam Ash had the ligatures for $18

Pete
                  Participant

Jeff
                    Thank you for that information, I will try later I have never put a link on
                    before. I am trying to put a track from Sound Cloud on the forum.
                    Thanks again.

john
                    Keymaster

they used to call the java’s “jazz cut” to make the difference between the traditional type. I suppose jazz cut meant they play brighter than the purple box which was darker.

brother cavefish
                      Participant

boy Johnny you were dead on , they are definitely stuffy, that word came to mind as a exact description, a harder blow, not comfortable at all, no real color to it either,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 16 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.