Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Reeds vandoran traditional reeds, ,

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    brother cavefish
    Participant

i like the Rovners legs a lot, i have a light and a dark, but my light was made 15+ years ago, i think they changed i returned the light , kept the dark, just because, but they keep a softer warm tone, , its either a rovner or a BG duo i use , was seriously considering a JLV, but there big bucks

Mel
      Participant

The Rico Orange sounds best with my Vandoren optimum ligature. I was just surprised that after trying so many different reeds that the good old Rico orange sounds pretty good. Many label it as a beginner reed. There are pro players who play the orange. My goal is to work to a 3 and see what happens. That will be awhile though.

Mel
        Participant

I take that back. it sounds best with the dark lig and the Rico H lig. I will stick to the dark lig. very easy to slap on. 🙂

brother cavefish
          Participant

i have no ambition to use heavier reeds,dont need loud…. i play in my house and java green 2, and V16 1.5 are great , soft and easy and relaxed..
            i also have some alexander RC and Gonzalez, but i use those for more smaller tips MPs

Mel
            Participant

I don’t know how much of a difference it makes but it seems my best sound comes from single cut reeds.

Rishi Biswas
              Participant

Tried the original. Great for playing classical sax, not so great when it came to jazz. For jazz, Java red vandoran are my favorite to play on for jazz gigs.

Viewing 6 posts - 11 through 16 (of 16 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.