Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership Voting on new songs coming up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    mambo_machine
    Participant

Hey Johnny and fellow saxers …
      I would like to posit an idea and hear your thoughts.
      Is it possible to have some say in the direction of what the up and coming songs you do covers of, are? Perhaps you could make a survey and give maybe 5 options for each new song you choice and the premium members can have a say? This is not to say the current selection are not sensational!

Let me know if this is feasible or not!

Dave

john
      Keymaster

yes we could do something like that.

brother cavefish
        Participant

PERSONALLY i think Johnnys version , of “the SLow walk” would be interesting, iwould like to see that dirty ole greasy lic dragging and growly again. food for thought

mambo_machine
          Participant

Cool I’m glad to hear this resonates then. When you (Johnny) come up to deciding what the next song should be, your loyal premium guys will be happy to give you some input! Thanks so much really appreciated!

Cheers
            Dave

john
            Keymaster

I always have a tune or 2 on the back burner which I juggle between all my other lessons and stuff I do. I will probably roll out 2-3 tunes over the next month.
              I’m not sure how to go about getting a list so folks can vote on it…
              maybe put up a new thread here, if here’s enough input great, if not I can ask the premium and general list for some ideas and then lay out that song list here.

Anonymous

Hi Johnny. One way you could do this is to post a numbered list of songs on this page.
                People could reply with their chosen numbered sequence.
                The replies would just be a short string like {Jeff : 5,7,9,1,4,6,3,8,2}.

Giving each placing a descending score [1st place = 10 points, 2nd = 9, 3rd = 8 …]
                Totalling the scores for the songs of all the participants (in a spreadsheet program),
                would identify the most popular songs by the highest scores.

mambo_machine
                Participant

OK then Johnny. So what you’re saying is that I should put up a new thread and ask everyone to put in their top (say 3) favourite song choices they would like to see you do a cover of in a new thread (in priority order as Jeff suggested). Once you get the responses you would collate them in a spreadsheet and see which ones (If any) are doubled/ tripled up, and prioritise accordingly.

If this is what you meant then I will go ahead and do it – I’ll wait for the go-ahead from you first if this was your intention.

Cheers!

Dave

john
                  Keymaster

yes exactly mambo

jake
                    Participant

I like the idea of covers but as a performing sax player I really like the new stuff you are doing Johnny! That is the actual solos in these great sax songs! I’m actually working on born to run and am gonna add that to our setlist! Along with playalongs it would be great to add solos to these famous songs as well!!!!!!

john
                      Keymaster

right Jake, I’m always adding new tunes with backing tracks of course but as you say, the new section in premium is more focused on certain solos…glad you’re finding it useful!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.