Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership Voting on new songs coming up

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Jose Luis Hinojosa
    Participant

Since mambo_machine’s last post 12 days ago, I haven’t found the thread for posting our cover/backing track requests. So, here are 2 covers I’d love to see:
      1) Despacito
      2) Girl from Ipanema

Thanks Johnny!

jake
      Participant

How about a Mustang Sally with a rocking solo In Johnny style

jake
        Participant

Honestly would be delighted with just a solo!!!! The ones I’m working with just don’t cut it.

paddy jordan
          Participant

i would second that one Jake

Jose Luis Hinojosa
            Participant

I know I already suggested two new songs in this thread, but I wanna say that pretty much anything by ole Blue Eyes (Frank Sinatra) would be great for me. I have “Fly Me to the Moon” (from this site) and it’s awesome!
              I was thinking “As Time Goes By” from the movie Casablanca (also done by Frank) and perhaps “Strangers in the Night.”
              Johnny, please give us your thoughts.
              Thanks!
              José Luis

john
              Keymaster

yes Luis some good suggestions there.
                there may be one or 2 there that I will do in the future

Vincent Gaglio
                Participant

I would love to learn Hey Jude that would be in the Style of Warren Hill, Not quite up in the Altissimo LOL. Would love to get there

john
                  Keymaster

yes good one Vinny, I’ve had that on my list for a while now.
                    the style thing is up to the player…if you listen to the version you mentioned it’s full of grace notes and note bends….the kind of thing we’re covering in the Premium Membership right now!

Alejandro Lazaga
                    Participant

Valerie by Amy Winehouse, or Tenderly or Over the Rainbow by Ben Webster… 😉 with the solos…

Alejandro Lazaga
                      Participant

Johnny, I want to Thank you for your embellishment series, That’s whats helping me the most!!!!, also that’s what I wanted to learn, to play melodies instead of jazz soloing, which I find next to impossible to follow the cord changes….
                        could you show us the correct way vs the exaggerated way? ( in your embellishment series) since you are my only teacher I don’t have any other reference…
                        Thanks a lot!!!!!!!
                        A.

Viewing 10 posts - 11 through 20 (of 21 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.