Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions Website screen

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Hi everybody,
    First of all, Happy new year to Johnny and all Members of his school. Good health, happiness with your loved ones and with your sax.
    My question : I have a problem with the appearance of the website on my macbook : the 2 first items of the upper bar (Home and Music) are hidden behind the “howtoplay saxophone music” logo. So I can’t access this way. I have the same pb with my IMac when I use a reduced window. (it’s ok with a full window).

john
    Keymaster

Christian are you able to take a screenshot so I can see?

Here it is

MACbook pro, full screen

Hope it will work. Not able to edit previous message.
      macbook pro, full screen
      It doesn’t work. Sorry.

Ridge
      Participant

my screen is the same. the logo hides the home and music buttons, but I can click the area and I am able to use either button

john
        Keymaster

I use 3 browsers; Safari, Firefox, and Chrome and they all display it properly so I would need a screenshot to show my tech guy for him to see what’s happening and fix the issue.

This is the link. Hope it works

https://ibb.co/5LMS84p

Macbook pro, Safari, full screen

john
          Keymaster

ok I see it now thanks.
            have you tried to stretch your browser?
            because the theme does stretch and items move accordingly….in other words, if I stretch my browser smaller I can get it to look like yours and then when I stretch it wider it looks right where it should be.

Martin Pavíček
            Participant

@Johny, I’m working in IT – you can give my answer straight to your “tech guys.”
              1. This is a misconfigured “responsive design” setting. When I shrink my browser window, the left upper menu items disappear. When I shrink the window even more, the top menu “disappears completely” and appears instead in the upper right corner of the vertical pop-up menu. This problem may occur on devices with a smaller display (eg ntbs with very small display, tablets, etc.). For example, the solution could be such that the responsive design is set so that the vertical pop-up menu begins to appear much earlier than now.

And when we’re in, I’ll report two more mistakes:

2. Paging is poorly configured in forums – some places (in program code) are used for paging by 10 posts, some for 12 or 11 posts. This causes (in some cases) poor displaying of the forum (for example, I see the second page of posts, but I can not see any post at all ).

3. Recently, in the profiles (when I look at other users’ profiles) started displaying hundreds or thousands of posts from the forum – from your first spot on March 19, 2011 to December 2018. The page is therefore very long, and it is loading very long.

I hope this description will help ….

MartinP.

It happens with a full windows on my Macbook. It’s the same on my Ipad mini. With these devices I can’t find a way to make “Home” and “Music” appear.
              Christian

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 12 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.