Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Repertoire Wham! "Everything she wants" concert key..sounds like a minor key to me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

Hi Johnny,
      I was going to start working on an Alto Sax Instrumental for this great song by Wham!…is this song in a minor key? That’s what I’m hearing. Someone told me they thought it F# Major and I’m not hearing that scale in this song, sounds to me more like a Gm key or something like that.

Anonymous

if someone says its in some major key, then it could also mean the 1st load of bars are in that major key, but further along, it is possible for any song to change to different major keys (some of JF’s songs do that).

If you think it is in a minor key, then look up the relative minor key for the major key they claim it is in – that might work.

Also some songs i have, start in a major key, then further along they change to the relative minor key of a completely different major key.

The last resort, is workout what all the notes are in the song by playing each one on the sax and comparing it to the recording.

Anonymous

Hi Michael

Looking at this sheet music it could be F# minor.

(Just click on green ‘Sheet Music’ V arrow on the right of ‘Gmail for Work’ advert)

Wham sheet music free download

Michael Bishop
          Participant

Yep, it’s a minor key alright, thanks Jeffrey. Well, my ears weren’t too far off anyway–thought I was hearing something like Gm or something, that’s a semi-tone off from what it’s actually in LOL The link that I posted above sounds like it may actually be a little lower than F# minor, it’s just a track that someone posted on youtube, which won’t work anyway because 1/2 of the song got cut off at the end, and Karaoke’s track was very generic. I’ll probably have to get one made for it.

Anonymous

You can save yourself a lot of time on youtube if you just pick out backing tracks where they say what key its recorded in.

Then if you play along with it & it doesn’t sound right, then you know they don’t know what they are talking about

Also theres so many variations of song sheets that people upload from, that its sometimes impossible to play along – that’s what i like about JF’s site, at least you get the right sheet to mstch the track

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.