Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums General Questions What Are You Waiting For?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

Hey guys, any specific things you are waiting to get onto and learn? Any questions regarding current lessons?

I will be releasing more video lessons soon but send out any thoughts you're having regarding anything you really want to start learning on your sax!

Marcelo Moreno
      Participant

Hi Johnny & folks,
        I'd like you post for us lessons to develop techniques tones used in rock and roll,
        as you told me "raunchy growly tone".

You could also post more music sheet like you did with "Tequila"

Thanks,
        Marcelo Moreno

john
        Keymaster

Yes, for sure… that tone lesson will be one of the ones I do next.

Tom Tom
          Participant

Hey… First up, thanks for the other lessons so far. I'm returning to sax. after a long break, so it's all helpful stuff!

This video pretty much blew me away, and this style is definitely going to be any area of focus for me: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG9OcmjJ4gU

So, anything pertaining to that (trills, scales, example licks) would be amazing, particularly from the man himself.

Cheers!

steveie
            Participant

Some basic riff or licks suitable for Rock n Roll / Blues please

john
              Keymaster

Hi Steveie, check the intro to the major pentatonic scale lesson here:
                https://howtoplaysaxophone.org/pentatonic-major-scale

There are a couple licks in the example I play. Also, by following along with this lesson and moving to the next you will learn the very simple basics of these rock and blues scales to either create your own licks or when you do hear someone else play a lick you like, it will be a derivative from these scales.

Beyond all that, your request made me think that putting out a video with some "well recognized" licks from blues and rock tunes would be something that would benefit many sax students/players here.

At the moment I don't have the time to put something like this together but it will be on my "to do" list. Meanwhile I hope you can put together a few of your own from the examples and lessons so far.
                thanks
                Johnny

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.