Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Recording Your Saxophone What is your mic of choice for recording?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Michael Bishop
    Participant

😎 Hey Johnny,
      Thanks very much for releasing “What Does It Take” That’s a mega-tune for the Saxophone that will hit well with just about everyone I know 🙂 I get back home next month and for Tenor I got some stuff of your’s to finish up that I was working on and now with these recent releases…..I got some catching up to do 🙂 I was noticing on the video behind your cpu. that you have an award from the City of Memphis? Are we talking Memphis, TN? That’s only about 2 and half hours from where I live LOL

I was reading the info on your website of home recording and was wondering what is your Mic of choice? That’s some pretty cool info. about Microphone pick-up patterns–the context of that info. is talking mostly about Vocal Singers; is it applicable to the Saxophone?
      http://yourhomerecordingstudio.com/blog/microphone-patterns

Dazza
      Participant

Hey Johnny, great version and thanks for putting in the time to do “What Does It Take”. Incidentally, I didn’t know it was up and wonder if a NEW SONG RELEASE post on the forum could be arranged as I don’t often look at the song page anymore. Cheers again..off to buy the song now!!

john
        Keymaster

The first thing I do is send out an email to the membership announcing a new release. You must get it because you’re a registered member, no?

Dazza
          Participant

Sorry Johnny, I probably did but my gmail account gets so full of crap these days. Not a worry, my fault. Anyway have bought it now and will start work. BTW – does anyone have some info on the Trevor James – “The Horn” model. I have a line on a tenor that the seller claims is hardly used after buying it new two years ago but I can’t find anything on this one specifically. I see The Horn 88, The Classic and others but not The Horn which I guess is the first in the line. It’ a good price and I hope might give me a decent first up tenor. I will probably spend more on the mouthpiece than the horn is worth but from all reports, that can make the sound! I have sent an email to TJ head office but no reply as yet after several days.

john
            Keymaster

The guys here where I live are the North American distributors for Trevor James.
              You can check their site and then contact them:
              http://massullomusic.com/

Tim56
              Participant

Johnny: Are these the guys that tune your horn? Repair too? The M6 they have for sale is the same year as mine. 1956. The price is right! For those that are buying new? Do not let this go by. My horn has been appraised at twice this price. Contact them and see about all the info on the M-6. You can’t go wrong!!! Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.