Skip to main content

Home Alt Forums Premium Access Membership What'd I Say

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    john
    Keymaster

He guys, got a new song up today. Premium Members can access it from the Repertoire section…
      have fun, it’s a good one!

Allan Dunn
      Participant

Great, number, fantastic tutorial and the backing track is outstanding. Loving being a premium member – the site is getting better and better. Thanks, Johnny.

RockinRobin
        Participant

Thanks Johnny. Great Song and Tutorial. About Ray Charles:My former sax teacher in St louis Mo. always backed up Ray Charles when ever Ray Charles came to St Louis for a private benefit performance. He said that Ray Charles was a fantastic Saxophone player besides a rocking piano player

Tim56
          Participant

William: Didn’t Fat Head Newman (RIP) play tenor on all of Rays dates? I am good friends with Rays lead guitar player Don Peak, 64 to 74. I had Don listen to Johnny play this this morning. He thinks it is great!! He helps me with my playing from time to time. Johnny, A good one? It’s fantastic!! Just saying! Tim

john
            Keymaster

Thanks guys, wow thats so cool you guys know players from Ray’s band. I may have heard he played some sax but really didn’t think about it cause never saw him play it but it doesn’t surprise me.

ya Tim I think Newman was a main man there….also I think Maceo Parker did some time in Ray’s band….probably before joining up with James Brown I’m just guessing tho from what I’ve heard over the years.

Tim56
              Participant

I’ll ask Don. If you guys are interested? Go to donpeakemusic.com He also raced mini coopers. There’s pics

Tim56
                Participant

Guys: Here’s what Don Peake told me this morning. Ray did play Alto. Don’s words to me, “Yes, Ray played Alto and burned it up like Charlie Parker, oh my God”! Wow, from Don. I never knew it. I learned something this AM!! Great info, thanks William for this. Johnny, The grace notes are not too bad for me. The intro that goes through the piece is not going too well? Go figure? Back to listening! Tim

Tim56
                  Participant

Guys google images window ray charles hank crawford pics of Ray playing Alto Amazing Tim

Jose Luis Hinojosa
                    Participant

Wow, Johnny! This was such a fun song to check out! I firmly believe that when you’re enjoying what you’re doing, it shows. And in this recording and backing track, it shows! Congrats and keep up the great work, amigo!

Tim56
                      Participant

Johnny: On bar 11 Whatd I Say, The side D grace note is Palm key D without the octave key? Yeah, I’m slow, been out of town with no practice. Tim

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 13 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.